Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2013 7:06:13 AM EDT
Got a local guy wanting to trade some new SCAR 17 black mags for used black non-window PMags.  What do you guys think is a fair ratio of trade in the current market?

I am really regretting not picking up a $2750 SCAR 17 that my local dealer had in Nov.  Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You can go to gunbroker and look at the completed auctions search to see what they actually sold for over the past 48 hours for the current values there. Of course, those tend to be the highest, and there are fees amounting to about 5% of the value, you have to take into account. I like my Scar 16s, but I already have so many 7.62/308 guns I don't regret not buying one. Scar 17s mags were hard to get before this panic. I opted to buy other stuff over the past few years. I advised one of my friends interested in 7.62 to get a Scar 17s or SR25, all he could find was a Scar17s so that's what he got just under the wire.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can go to gunbroker and look at the completed auctions search to see what they actually sold for over the past 48 hours for the current values there. Of course, those tend to be the highest, and there are fees amounting to about 5% of the value, you have to take into account. I like my Scar 16s, but I already have so many 7.62/308 guns I don't regret not buying one. Scar 17s mags were hard to get before this panic. I opted to buy other stuff over the past few years. I advised one of my friends interested in 7.62 to get a Scar 17s or SR25, all he could find was a Scar17s so that's what he got just under the wire.

Well I had looked before but wasn't sure.

Used not-in-wrapper non-window black Gen2 about $25?

NIB Black SCAR 17 mags about $150?

There is some real variability out there especially on the SCAR mags.  If above looks correct 6 to 1 trade would be fair?  Are black SCAR mags anymore desirable than the Tan one?
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is some real variability out there especially on the SCAR mags.  If above looks correct 6 to 1 trade would be fair?  Are black SCAR mags anymore desirable than the Tan one?

I paid around 32 for each of mine before the recent market event. Honestly, I could not tell you what you can get for them now.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The black mags have generally been harder to get than the tan ones...
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There is some real variability out there especially on the SCAR mags.  If above looks correct 6 to 1 trade would be fair?  Are black SCAR mags anymore desirable than the Tan one?[/quote]
I paid around 32 for each of mine before the recent market event. Honestly, I could not tell you what you can get for them now.  [/quote]

Yeah I paid more than $32/ea for mine but not the price I am seeing online.  Part of me wants to hang on to the mags in the event SCAR17's become plentiful again and part of me wants to do something else with them.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The black mags have generally been harder to get than the tan ones...

Thanks that's what I was wondering based on what I am finding.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
A roughly 5:1 would be a fair ratio I'd say given the present market.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen SCAR 17 mags sell for $125 to $175.
Most of them are around $150, but I think the buying frenzy is starting to mellow out.

I would give him a $125 trade value on the SCAR 17 mags.
Your Pmags are worth probably $30-40 each.  New ones are $40-50... maybe that's a little high.

Offer to trade 7:2 or maybe 4:1 but I wouldn't go more than that.
Play it safe.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Who is this local guy and how do I get in touch with him?  ;)
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who is this local guy and how do I get in touch with him?  ;)

Bayoushooter - have to search for him in the Firearms and Ammo section.  Don't have a username and the thread was WTT thread.  I am keeping these for the time being to see what materializes (both what's produced and what's enacted)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top