Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/1/2007 2:55:48 PM EDT

I may register a Rem 870 police model as a short barreled shotgun. I was thinking to make it 14", to be just beyond the forend cap. I read somewhere that when Rem makes the 14" tactical model, it has Modified choke, where the 18 and 20" barrels have Improved Cyl. Does this mean I really shouldn't just take an 18" and have it cut down to 14"? Are the factory 14" barrels readily available?
Appreciate any input.
Who is a good source for the Rem police 870? i.e. good price, good service.
Can a ciitizen find anywhere to just buy the 14" tactical model from a dealer and just do a Form 4 transfer instead of modifying a longer one via Form 1?

Link Posted: 6/1/2007 3:27:22 PM EDT
Do you plan on running various loads of shot, or just buck?
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 5:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2007 6:51:44 PM EDT by rain252]
well, I thought I would run buck, and maybe #4 bird shot would be the smallest.

Is there a particular brand stuff to use for adapting a telestock to the 870 that guys who are into tactical shotguns think is real high quality? I was looking at Mesa tactical, and Knoxx.
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 10:17:10 AM EDT
I recently bought a Remington 870 Express and registered it as an SBS on a form one. I sent it to Mike at Tornado Technologies . I had him cut the barrel to 12 inches, thread it for RemChoke tubes and engrave the receiver. I was happy with his work. When it was all done I tried improved cyclinder and modifed choke tubes. Modified worked best with 00 and #4 buck shot. I haven't had a chance to try anything else.

Good luck.

Joe

Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:56:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
I recently bought a Remington 870 Express and registered it as an SBS on a form one. I sent it to Mike at Tornado Technologies . I had him cut the barrel to 12 inches, thread it for RemChoke tubes and engrave the receiver. I was happy with his work. When it was all done I tried improved cyclinder and modifed choke tubes. Modified worked best with 00 and #4 buck shot. I haven't had a chance to try anything else.

Good luck.
Joe

Pics please!

That is exactly the set up I'm planing on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 5:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2007 11:27:42 AM EDT by TN-MadDog]
Edited to add better pics

Ok, my camera sucks and my photo skills are not much better but here are a couple pictures.

Since taking these pictures I glued and fitted a Limb Saver recoil pad to the but pad that is on there. Full power buck shot loads were not much fun!

Here are a couple more pics. You can see where I added the recoil pad.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 12:50:39 AM EDT
Joe,
Nice SG. Thanks for the info on Tornado technologies! Looks like a good shop to get work done at.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:49:22 AM EDT
Nice!
Top Top