Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:25:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:12:24 AM EDT
I'd think it would be the lower that would need to be marked as that is where the fcg is, but isn't the s/n on the upper with the ACR? I didn't have the ACR I had for too long, but I think it was. I'd guess someone would have to ask the ATF, see what they say. I wanted to SBR mine, thought it would be fun anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:13:14 AM EDT
And there is no reason you couldn't go to a non-SBR, same as AR's that are SBR'ed, you can move to a 16" or longer barrel and have no issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:22:01 AM EDT
I assume the markings you refer to are the Name of the maker, City and State. Those markings can be on the barrel as long as they are not obstructed. May not be a good idea though, as you would need to make every barrel under 16 inches.

Just Sayin!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:04:38 PM EDT
My understanding is that those markings need to be on the upper receiver, as that is the "firearm".
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:44:07 AM EDT

we've been over this a million times (no offense OP).

the "maker's marks"- your info- needs to be engraved on the "barrel, frame, or receiver" in a location that is conspicuous and not readily obliterated.

Top Top