Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:05:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 5:27:00 PM EST by Zaplatus]
I live in the State of Maryland and our gun laws are aleady a little strict here. I was wondering where i would start and what is the process to File the proper paper work for a Short Barrel Rifle. I tried to search some of the Maryland websites but havnt had much luck finding anything. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

I want to Build a Rifle on a Registered reciever. - Zap

Maybe i picked the wrong forum. I'm just looking for info on how to SBR a regular semi-auto ak47 receiver.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:15:29 PM EST
If by registered receiver you mean a machinegun, then you don't need to SBR it. A machinegun can have any length barrel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:09:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 2:10:30 PM EST by M4Madness]

Originally Posted By Zaplatus:
I'm just looking for info on how to SBR a regular semi-auto ak47 receiver.

You'll need to file a Form 1 with the BATF.

You'll need two Form 1's, two fingerprint cards, two passport photos, and one citizenship form. You then take this paperwork to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) in your area. This will usually be either the County Sheriff or Chief of Police (depending on whose jurisdiction you live in.) The CLEO will sign your paperwork and fingerprint you on the cards. If you live in an area where the CLEO refuses to sign Form 1's, you can form a simple corporation (LLC, etc.) and then are exempt from the CLEO signature and fingerprints. You will then need to attach a passport photo to each of the Form 1's, and send all completed paperwork to the BATF along with a one-time fee of $200.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:37 PM EST
Top Top