Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 7:36:49 AM EDT
I just finished my first NFA transfer (AAC Pilot) and have been bitten by the stamp collecting bug pretty badly.  Now I want a SBR.

I've got a lower, with a blank F1 in hand.  The question is, do I want a 7.5" or a 10.5" one?  The other question is .223/9mm, but I'm pretty dead set on .223.  

What are the benefits of each length?  Will a 10.5 do anything for me that a 7.5 doesnt do other than "be three inches longer"?  This is pretty much a range toy, but I'm leaning towards a 10.5 because its my understanding that the 7.5s dont run quite as well.  That being said, I'de like to have it as compact as possible.  I'm also eventually planning on adding a suppressor if that is a factor.  

Anyone have any advice for me?

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally prefer the 10.3" cmmg uppers. They've always been plug and play. That said I have 3 uppers (love them all) and I'm selling 1 and building a 7.5" or SPR.

Once you buy 1 you want different combinations ready (sound suppressor, KX3, A2) each on a different upper.

10.3" 1/7 can still spin the rounds fast enough to make a good under 100 yard rifle defense rifle and the balance is incredible.

I started at 11.5" but didn't like that extra inch hanging out. 10.3" is my go to gun now but damn those 7.5" rifles look wicked fun. I think if you buy them built you shouldn't have any problems, the 7.5" Kitty Kat is like 700 bucks though OW. Awesome toy though.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the longest that my Suppessor is rated for. 7.5 inch will eat or can up faster, to much extra hot gases in the can= extra heat  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top