Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 9:39:15 PM EDT
I was at my favorate dealer's shop this weekend and I saw a standard MIA (model 9106) with the synthetic stock.  He's got a good price on it and I've been lusting after it these last two days. I've always wanted an M1/M14 type rifle, so I'm seriously thinking of adding this one to the safe.  Never shot one, so I thought I'd ask what kind of accuracy do y'all suppose I can expect to get out of the box with this baby with good factory loads?  (I figure I'll wait at least a little while before having a good smith do something with the trigger).  Should I splurge for the loaded model instead?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine (the same model you are looking at) got groups of just under 2 inches at 100yds with surplus. Edited to add:if they still have a deal on the 6x40mm scope w/ mount, go ahead and get it. The scope's pretty good, but sh*t-can the mount (which is crap), and get an A.R.M.S mount.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
At 400 yards you will be able to hit a 1'x3' acetelyne tank. All day long! Good enough for me.
GG
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
At 400 yards you will be able to hit a 1'x3' acetelyne tank. All day long! Good enough for me.
GG

he.. he.. he.. cool!  he..he..he
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
When I do my part, my standard M1A shoots 1.5MOA with CAVIM, Radway Green, or UMC yellow box.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Bigshooter do you mind tell how much he is asking?
I saw one 3 weeks ago and I think he had $1300 on the basic model
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
JMO,

$1179.99  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top