Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 1:19:59 PM EDT
Just ordered a case, 980 rds of SA 308 from Aimsurplus price was $147.00 plus shipping. Is this about the norm? I know to stay away from paki/indian ammo. I also heard that the portugese stuff was good but very scarce, Is this true?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,
Yes, very far away.
Yes, but is seem that aims will either have the SA or Port at any given time. Makes you wonder if they have just stock piled both types somewhere in the back rooms, and go back and forth offering just one at a time to keep the selling prices up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes,
Yes, very far away.
Yes, but is seem that aims will either have the SA or Port at any given time. Makes you wonder if they have just stock piled both types somewhere in the back rooms, and go back and forth offering just one at a time to keep the selling prices up.

Well, at $166.00 delivered, that works out to $23.71 per battle pack.  GREENTOP here in Richmond, VA is selling that same battlepack for $44.95, plus tax.  It wouldn't seem that AIM is conspiring to screw folks...

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid $24 for a battlepack of SA at a gun show, but it's so inaccurate in my Polytech that I won't be buying any more of it. It seems to work okay for others, though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My M1A likes it.

I get pretty nice groups with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The SA R1M1 ammo that AIM is currently selling produces 2" groups @ 100 yrds in my M1A. That is the same performace as the Argentine FLB81/82. Ammunitionstore.com is currently selling the Argentine for $120 per thousand so I have 4000 more rounds of it on the way.
If you call to order the Argy, mention code 930 to get the sale price.

www.ammunitionstore.com

If AIM starts selling the Port again, I will take out a loan against my Harley to get more of it. Man that stuff rocks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Dunhams has the linked Portugese.  I bought an 800 round case Labor Day weekend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dunhams has the linked Portugese.  I bought an 800 round case Labor Day weekend.

Who or what is dunham's?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who or what is dunham's?

Dunham's Sports is a chain of sporting goods stores.

They have a great selection of firearms and ammunition.  Check to see if you have one in your area.

Dunham's Sports
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top