Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 9:43:46 PM EDT
I took the plunge the other day and cut that stupid fake FH off my pea shooter.  Turns out the barrel was already threaded.  So I order one of these flash hiders .  When it showed up today I went to thread it on, and the barrel appears to be too skinny.  The end of the barrel slides right past the threads inside the FH.  WTF did I do wrong?  Did I get the wrong FH or do I need to have the barrel cut and re-threaded?  

Help !!!!

Steve
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
obviously the wrong one. You may be violating 922r by putting a foreign FH back on. What is the major diameter of the threads on your barrel?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If you've got HK pattern threads, you may wish to consider the new US-made SEI G-3 Vortex:  http://www.smithenterprise.com/products06.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The F/H from JLD is German factory, threaded 15x1.

Your only option, if you still want to use the German F/H, is to have the barrel re-worked.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
obviously the wrong one. You may be violating 922r by putting a foreign FH back on. What is the major diameter of the threads on your barrel?

I believe I changed enough parts that I don't have to worry about that.....

Quoted:
The F/H from JLD is German factory, threaded 15x1.

Your only option, if you still want to use the German F/H, is to have the barrel re-worked.

That was not what I wanted to hear.  I will post pics later.  I just want a FH on there, I can always sell the German one.

Thanks,
Steve

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Just did one.  This was my third SAR and first where the threads had been milled mown like yours.  The stock FH that I ordered slipped over with a little wiggle required to seat past the milled threads.  Mag a jig with a wooden dowel to hold it true with the bore axis and used JB weld.  Came out perfect.  Can sen a pic if you like.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just did one.  This was my third SAR and first where the threads had been milled mown like yours.  The stock FH that I ordered slipped over with a little wiggle required to seat past the milled threads.  Mag a jig with a wooden dowel to hold it true with the bore axis and used JB weld.  Came out perfect.  Can sen a pic if you like.  

Very interested to see how it came out.  Send that pic and any other details.

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I would just the put the gay looking stub back on the barrel and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]

good point, warlord.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I would just the put the gay looking stub back on the barrel and not worry about it.

Too late, took the dremel to get it off

Steve
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
My SAR-8 was purchased in '2000.
I removed my brake after the silly ban went away, and added the Vortex hider.
I had full threads with the exception of where the threaded portion was drilled for the retaining pin.
never heard of them being milled off completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top