Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
Got an e-mail back today from Springfield Armory about my rifle with both markings(SAR4800 on one side/SAR 48 Match on other side). They did not explain the different markings, but did tell me that it was manufactured in 12/93. Does this mean it is a pre-ban with post-ban markings? I am going to send them another e-mail for more information.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking import ban (1989) it is Post-ban. If you're talking AWB it doesn't exist anymore on the federal level, just a few liberal states that don't like the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you're talking import ban (1989) it is Post-ban. If you're talking AWB it doesn't exist anymore on the federal level, just a few liberal states that don't like the 2nd amendment.

The import ban put in place by Bush1 by EO from what I understand is still place. So the correct legal configuration is a thumbhole stock and a stub where the flash suppessor should be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top