Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 2:44:42 PM EDT
What are the differences between the various models I have seen for sale? I have seen M44's,M91's, etc. Also, how in the hell do you pronounce it? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mechanically speaking, earlier "octagon" receivers had a collar inside the receiver ring that the barrel screws up close to. Something roughly analogous to the inner collar in M98 Mauser receivers. Theoretically this probably strengthens the receiver, supports the bolt, and improves feeding.

The later "round" receivers are just bored out big inside and the square breech end of the barrel left to fend for itself. More like the early 1889 through 1896 Mauser models. And they work OK too.

Also I notice the early ones had one-piece cartridge interrupters, while the late ones have separate interrupters and springs.

Don't know about the pronunciation, or about the various models other than to note most models seem to be either a little too short or else a little too long, barrel-wise.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I did find this webpage:

Variations Of Mosin-Nagant
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, Tuco's site will answer every question you could possibly have about a Mosin Nagant...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Moh-zine Nah-ghan
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this one  Mo-seen Nagh-Goon (as in noon).
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Are the rifles named after a guy (or guys) named Mosin Nagant?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top