Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 11:40:59 AM EDT
I just put on hold, sight unseen, a Russian Makarov for $135 at a dealer. It is described as being in 93% condition.

The importer is KBI. Anyone know anything about these?

I also just put on hold an East German Makarov @ 97% condition for $185.

The importer for the EG was Century Arms. Anyone know about these?

What should I look for in these pistols?

I love my C&R license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
are you sure the russian is C&R eligible? they're usually twice that price (when i see them) if they are. IMO if the condition is as stated you're stealing them both.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I just called the dealer. The Russian Makarov has adjustable sights..... He was going to ship it to me as a C&R.

Close call.

Anything about the EG that I should as about to make sure it is C&R eligible?

Out
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
AFAIK all the EGs are ok but i'm no expert.
edited to say:
yep, here ya GO
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If he got another East German Makarov, at that price I will take one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
That's dirt cheap for a Russian, you got a steal of a deal
Tom
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are good prices on both guns...

Well I know this is gonna start a fire but it must be said. The Russian Mak with the adjustable sites is not C&R... Ok now every body is gonna throw the letter from ATF my way saying "ALL Russian, and E. German Maks..."  Yes I have seen this letter too.. But you must think a minute... To us it is a Makorov, to the ATF that particular pistol is identified as the IJ-70, not a Makarov...
We use the generic name to identify the gun.. the ATF does not deal in generic names...

Read the letter in this post, I think it will clear things up..

gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24488&SearchTerms=ij-70
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just called the dealer. The Russian Makarov has adjustable sights....Hewas going to ship it to me as a C&R.

Close call.

hr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top