Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 2:32:45 PM EDT
Anyone run a PC without plates? I've been wanting to get a Mayflower PC and some plates but only have the money for the PC right now. How well would it work for a couple months without the plates?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any soft armor in it??  If it's sans armor / really stiff padding, it'll flop around more than Osama in a sharks mouth.
-SS
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Stiffen it up with some foam and it should work for now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I would just buy a Mayflower QD chestrig first if you are short on funds.  Use that until you can buy the PC and plates.   You missed a helluva sale on plates today with the F Osama sale that took 25% off of everything in stock.   They were level IV standalones as well.  

Running a PC without plates is stupid and even with foam or cardboard is just a bad idea.  

If you get the QD chestrig from Mayflower, it will attach to the PC when you get it and you will be all set.  You will proably wind up buying one anyway.   The QD rigs come with straps too, so you can use it without the PC until you get one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would just buy a Mayflower QD chestrig first if you are short on funds.  Use that until you can buy the PC and plates.   You missed a helluva sale on plates today with the F Osama sale that took 25% off of everything in stock.   They were level IV standalones as well.  

Running a PC without plates is stupid and even with foam or cardboard is just a bad idea.  

If you get the QD chestrig from Mayflower, it will attach to the PC when you get it and you will be all set.  You will proably wind up buying one anyway.   The QD rigs come with straps too, so you can use it without the PC until you get one.

I was planning on using that, but they sold out of my size

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top