Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Rugged Suppressors Quick Detach mount 2 port muzzle brake with their flash hider for muzzle rise? I'm patiently waiting on my ATF permission slip for a Surge and am trying to stockpile mounts in the meantime. I've got two rifles that are mostly used in run/gun type shooting, but for the sake of being able to run the surge, and possibly a razor down the road, on all my rifles, I'm trying to outfit everything with mounts. I'm currently running a VG6 Epsilon with a totally flat muzzle when firing and am hoping to hear some user experiences with these mounts to pick the mount that gets me closest to that shooting experience.

TLDR: How effective are the Rugged Suppressors 2-port 556 muzzle brake and flash hider at minimizing muzzle rise, and is one markedly better than the other?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:30:43 AM EDT
I have the 5.56 2 port brake and flash hider.  For muzzle control the brake would definitely be the better option.  I haven't had the 5.56 brake that long so I haven't shoot it a lot.  But I've shot the 7.62 brake plenty of times.  The brake does a good job at keeping the muzzle flat on my 9 inch 300blk sbr.  The white lube on the brake is a high temp anti-seize.  It cleans up easier than regular aluminum or copper anti-seize.    

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:04:03 PM EDT
Having used the 3 port 7.62 Muzzle Brake and 7.62 Flash Hider on both a 9" 300Blk MCX and a 18" AR-10 I can confirm the Muzzle brake does do better for muzzle rise, I often prefer the MB anyhow to act as a sacrificial first baffle. On 5.56 I've only tried the newer 3-port 5.56 muzzle brake, and it seems no different in rise than the PWS FSC556 it replaced.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:56:32 PM EDT
Awesome!! Looks like muzzle brakes are shifting into the cart. Thanks for the input everyone!!!
Top Top