Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2002 11:09:44 AM EDT
I have been trying to find a Ruger Model 77-17 (.17HMR)in blued finish for awhile now, but no one seems to have any---I am hoping someone on here will know where to locate one.  New or like new.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried gunsamerica but everyone I contacted said that their guns were sold and didn't know when they would be getting more in....Just my luck
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a suggestion.

If ya really, really want a 77/17.  Find a more common 77/22 Magnum and just re-barrel it for the .17"Hummer".

Green Mountain and Volquartsen has "drop-in" barrels for the conversion.  And you'll have a much better rifle than the factory 77/17

You can read all about the "Hummer" at www.rimfirecentral.com.  Go to the .17cal discussion Forum.  You might even be able to find someone who's re-barreled thier 77/17 and has a factory .17 barrel for sale.

Personal opinion,  I'll stick to my .22 Magnums.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just a suggestion.

If ya really, really want a 77/17.  Find a more common 77/22 Magnum and just re-barrel it for the .17"Hummer".

Green Mountain and Volquartsen has "drop-in" barrels for the conversion.  And you'll have a much better rifle than the factory 77/17

You can read all about the "Hummer" at www.rimfirecentral.com.  Go to the .17cal discussion Forum.  You might even be able to find someone who's re-barreled thier 77/17 and has a factory .17 barrel for sale.

Personal opinion,  I'll stick to my .22 Magnums.

That sounds like a damn good idea.  I will check over there and probably rebarrel my 77/22mag.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
EatBeef,

Happy we can help.

Please, DO NOT tell them, at RFC, that "ski" sent ya!

I am the leader of the "Maggits" and don't want them to know that I helped someone convert a .22WMR to a .17HMR.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top