Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 7:18:24 AM EST
What are my best options for reliable subsonic ammo in a Ruger Mk2 with a Gemtech outback? I'm not having much luck with Remington subsonic, and thats strange since it used to work great in this pistol a few years ago, when I bought some of that same ammo a few months ago it runs like crap, Remington must have changed their load or something. Pistol is clean and I have always put a few drops of oil in the can.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:36:42 AM EST
Remmy subs are absolute shit. Every box I've tried goes transsonic.

I shoot CCI subs or Gemtech Subs. Heck, even CCI standards say subsonic in my 22/45 using a Outback II.

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:10:04 AM EST
CCI standard velocity, CCI Subsonic or Gemtech Subsonic if you want the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.

I shoot Remington Subsonics from time to time since I picked up 2000 rounds a few years back.

They're randomly loud and I get 1-3 out of 50 that fail to fire no matter how many times or guns I put it in and drop the hammer on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:38:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2014 8:39:36 AM EST by MyakkaVice]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
Remmy subs are absolute shit. Every box I've tried goes transsonic. Oh I agree with that, they wont even cycle for me, the CCI subs are working great, it's to bad about the Remingtons though, they used to run great, glad I don't have a big stash of them.

I shoot CCI subs or Gemtech Subs. Heck, even CCI standards say subsonic in my 22/45 using a Outback II.

View Quote

Thanks for the help, ETA stuff in red added by me
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:01:15 AM EST
American Eagle Suppressor works fine as plinking ammo too

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:11:50 AM EST
I have a Sparrow and the only sub sonic ammo I have tried is CCI Quiets. They do not cycle in my 22/45 or my 10/22. Any ideas on what brand to try next? I was going to buy a brick of Gemtech .22 to try next and was curious what other peoples experience was.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:11:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
I have a Sparrow and the only sub sonic ammo I have tried is CCI Quiets. They do not cycle in my 22/45 or my 10/22. Any ideas on what brand to try next? I was going to buy a brick of Gemtech .22 to try next and was curious what other peoples experience was.
View Quote

Try any of the above mentioned:CCI Standard Velocity, Gemtech, American Eagle Subsonic....
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:02:53 PM EST
How long is the barrel on the gun? I had my 22/45 cut down to 4.5" and Fed bulk stays subsonic for me with the OBII. Subsonic ammo is a bit quieter, but it is so slight, I don't even use it. I am saving my subsonic and standard velocity ammo for when I get a rifle with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:47:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By JKrammes:
How long is the barrel on the gun? I had my 22/45 cut down to 4.5" and Fed bulk stays subsonic for me with the OBII. Subsonic ammo is a bit quieter, but it is so slight, I don't even use it. I am saving my subsonic and standard velocity ammo for when I get a rifle with a threaded barrel.
View Quote

5.5 to the end of the threads.
Top Top