Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:50:12 PM EST
I recently purchased a MKIII 22/45 with a 5.5'' bull barrel. I love the gun but I have one problem with it.

When the action holds opened I have to actually push the slide release on the left side down to close the action. A buddy of mine has an older MKII and you can insert a new magazine and pull on the action slightly and it will chamber the round. Like a typical pistol should. I was wondering if my MKIII 45 model is supposed to do this or maybe something isn't working right. It may sound like a small BS problem, but I find it very annoying. I rarely use a slide release on any of my weapons.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:53:08 PM EST
I have the same gun. I also have to hit the slide stop. Sling shotting the bolt won't work. I believe you can fix this if you are that worried about it.

Somebody should be along shortly with instructions on how to modify it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:57:53 PM EST
Thanks. If I can modify it without to much trouble I will do it for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:09:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:07:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By Plunky:
Slingshot Mod

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:00:00 AM EST
I have done this mod but put it back together the way it came from the factory.

The problem I was having is it would prematurely lock the slide back from time to time. I guess recoil or something else was causing the slide stop to jump up at the perfect time.

I know not being able to slingshot the bolt is a pain but having the bolt lock back half way through a magazine is more of a pain because you never know when it is going to happen.

Dolomite
Top Top