BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:01:09 PM EDT
Prototype SAGE stock for the Ruger AC556

A Clyde Armory exclusive
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't take this the wrong way, as that looks like some fine workmanship, but am I the only one that doesn't get the whole idea of strapping an AR15 stock onto every type of gun ever made?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't take this the wrong way, as that looks like some fine workmanship, but am I the only one that doesn't get the whole idea of strapping an AR15 stock onto every type of gun ever made?

American shooters like the AR collapsible.

I really like the setup; it gives a new life to the AC556's out there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ergonmics/flexability of an AR.  Gas sytem of the mini.  If it has a good barrel I'd trade my AR and my Mini for it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I really like the setup; it gives a new life to the AC556's out there.

Bingo!  --  Purpose built for the AC556.

The Mini-14 will drop in and work 100%, but the target
market for this SAGE stock is AC556 owners that want
enhanced weapon performance, flexibility and capability.

Even though the prototype adds only 10 ounces the production
stock will be lighter and different buttstock designs are planned.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Even though the prototype adds only 10 ounces the production
stock will be lighter and different buttstock designs are planned.

The only way I'd consider one for my new AC556 is if it does'nt have a damned AR buttstock on it.  So that said I'm glad to see something new for the AC556/Mini-14 come to the market.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, I would buy one, even at the price listed for the M1A versions; this is *precisely* what I am looking for, for my AC-556K.

When will they be available for sale?

-Drake
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FWIW, I would buy one, even at the price listed for the M1A versions; this is *precisely* what I am looking for, for my AC-556K.

When will they be available for sale?

-Drake

Drake, contact Josh @ Clyde Armory he will answer all of your questions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Talked with Josh briefly today. Thanks for the contact info.

-Drake
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:...am I the only one that doesn't get the whole idea of strapping an AR15 stock onto every type of gun ever made?

Bro, I used to think the CAR collapsing stock was teh ghey, until I realized what an advantage having a built-in adjustable length of pull is.  While I no longer live in Michigan--like half my high schools class, I enlisted in 1980; Uncle sent me to WA, and I never looked back--if I did the ability to adjust LOP from summer-weight clothes to winter-weight clothes...  
Also, LSW is a good foot shorter than me.  This way she can shoot a rifle as comfortably as I.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:49:11 AM EDT
[#10]
For those that can make it - this rifle will be @ Knob Creek
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top