Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 6:22:55 PM EDT
Now that this rifle has been out a few years, has anyone made any modifications to lighten the front end?  With the barrel already fluted under the handguard, my thinking is to flute forward of the handguard and have a new guard made of printed carbon fiber.

Reference: Nexus Tactical ACR handguard

I can't shorten to 14.5 and pin the FH because I run silenced on occasion and want to be able to remove the FH to maintain the rifle.

Last thought was to have my current handguard converted (milled heavily) to an MLOK pattern to save weight, but for the same effort, carbon would be lighter.

Any other thoughts?  This thing is a pig in the front but I still like it. Reminds me of my ACR before I SBRd it....only worse.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine just the way it is, yes its heavy but it shoots very accurately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't mean to bash on it. I like mine too, a lot!  I just wish it wasn't quite so front heavy.  I'm looking for a cheap way to lighten it up a bit.

I'm definitely not one of those guys that customizes everything just for the sake of customizing. This rifle is front heavy....add a 308 silencer to it and now it's painful.  It should cost me less to correct this than to purchase another rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an SR762 and an SR556.
Sent the 556 to ADCO and they re-profiled it under the handguard and shaved almost .75lb off the front end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top