Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2012 4:30:54 PM EST
So I recently picked up a basic 870 Express Magnum for home protection and all around blasting. I picked it up used and I got a good deal. I had planned on leaving it stock and just loading it up with 00 buck should the need ever arise but I ended up buying a tacstar side saddle (cheap, not terrible reviews). I knew the stock synthetic forend (field type) would not cycle with the side saddle on (6 round) and thought it would be a pretty easy job with a dremel. Well... the dremel took a dump half way through. Instead of waiting and being patient, I grabbed a hack saw. Horrible cut job later, it works, but looks like total crap! Its actually embarrassing.

I guess I am in the market for a new one. Really dont want to spend another $30 bucks. I guess its off to ebay I go for an old corn cob or some other used one.... Maybe a magpul down the road, but don't want to reward myself for being a total dolt...

Damn it.

Lesson learned.

Link Posted: 10/26/2012 4:44:30 PM EST
Cheap LE style Forends can be found for $15 on ebay, and they work just fine with the Tacstar shell carrier.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 4:48:08 PM EST
Thanks. Looking now. I found a few around $10 -$15 range (plus shipping of course). Gunsmithing ( Ahem...using a f#@king hacksaw) apparently is not my calling.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:56:54 AM EST
can you smooth it out with some files/sand paper??
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 8:06:45 AM EST
I bought a Magpul stock and forend for my 870. I will give you my factory forend if you want it. Its off of a 870LE so I think its the speedfeed tactical forend and its brand new. Only problem is that my shotgun is at Wilson Combat having sights installed. Hope to have it back in a few weeks. If you don't mind waiting I'll send it to you when I have it. Send me a PM if your interested.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 8:11:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By DitchDr:
I bought a Magpul stock and forend for my 870. I will give you my factory forend if you want it. Its off of a 870LE so I think its the speedfeed tactical forend and its brand new. Only problem is that my shotgun is at Wilson Combat having sights installed. Hope to have it back in a few weeks. If you don't mind waiting I'll send it to you when I have it. Send me a PM if your interested.

That is why I love ar15.com..... good on you sir!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 7:03:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By DitchDr:

Thanks! PM sent. Love this place.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:17:54 AM EST
Huge thank you goes out to DitchDr. The 870 will no longer be a mess due to his generosity!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:10:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bowers:
Huge thank you goes out to DitchDr. The 870 will no longer be a mess due to his generosity!

Happy Thanksgiving
Top Top