Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:55:29 AM EDT
How are these things holding up for people? What are your round counts at roughly?

Thinking about buying one and if I even break out a 22LR, I put 500 to 1000 rounds down range in a single trip. I actually wore out one Ruger 10/22 and broke the slide on my Walther P22 around 20,000 arounds doing 500~1000 round range trips 2 or 3 times a month.

Just curious.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I havent kept a running number or anything but I shoot at least 1k every time ive taken it to the range or to the desert, so with that in mind I would say my count is around 10 - 11k. It makes me wonder when things are going to break simply because of wear...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That's my concern too.

I hope they took that into account when they built them. You know what though... With these things catching on like they are, I could see people like Ed over ad HDPS making upgraded parts.

Hell anyone with access to a CNC shop could.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I am around 2000 count.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I would really like to see one of the gunsmiths out there offering service specifically for this little rifle, I know most probably look down on it because of the airsoft origin but I have found it to be a really accurate and fun little plinker and I would jump on the chance to get some internal upgrades that will increase its longevity.
I just submitted my form 1 to sbr it and I cant wait to get the thing chopped to the proper length and add a three lug on the end so you cant tell it isnt the real thing at first glance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
do you really want to know. i still have blisters on me thumbs..............

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=246528
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
125rds fired

1 dud federal that didnt fire after being struck 3 times.

I lubed the hell out of it and it runs like a dream!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top