Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2014 10:35:16 PM EDT
I've been very happy with the rifle as far as action and accuracy but all of a sudden it will not fire. The hammer only falls to half cock when the trigger is pulled and yes it is off safety. Did the safety break? This may be a good excuse to send it to a gunsmith to fix and get a action job at the same time. Will anyone remove that ridiculous safety too? If so any central Texas carbine smiths y'all recommend? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a bent half cock notch that's catching the hammer on the way down.  

Longhunter Shooting Supply is your huckleberry in Texas.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11

This is the guy for Rossi work.
View Quote

That's right down the road! Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11

This is the guy for Rossi work.

IF you're mechanically inclined, buy his video and DIY. It's not to hard to polish wear / contact areas, replace springs and swap the plactic cap for his metal one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Get rid of the safety too.

A Rossi does not need an action job. Just cycle and shoot it a lot and the rifle will become very smooth.  

A hammer spring does do wonders.

To save the thread:

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Steve actually drove over to my place this afternoon. A truly nice guy and very informative. He picked up my carbine and  a hog leg. Couldn't  be happier, thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a pair of Rossi 92 20" stainless rifles. Steve did his action job on one of them and bead blasted the stainless steel. It is
truly amazing how that rifle runs now, compared to the factory one. I'm thinking about sending my other one for the same treatment.

He also removed the safety and put on a Skinner peep sight.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted to update y'all. I followed the advice on Steve. It just happened to be fate he lived 15 minutes from me and it couldn't of turned out better. He fixed the spring, removed and capped the safety, replaced the follower with a stainless and did a trigger/ action job. Class act of a guy too. Thanks for the recommendation I appreciate it !
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a pair of Rossi 92 20" stainless rifles. Steve did his action job on one of them and bead blasted the stainless steel. It is
truly amazing how that rifle runs now, compared to the factory one. I'm thinking about sending my other one for the same treatment.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9hFt4T1k0n4/VFgWSuF42aI/AAAAAAAAsdw/_I35Ttx77Ko/w1778-h1333-no/IMG_6997.JPG
View Quote

Man, that is nice. I think I will be sending my Ranch Hand to Steve when I get it back from Rossi (warranty repair crap) , I have a Skinner sight that will need mounted too. May as well have him do it right.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Steve's the man on 92s of any brand. I have an 1892 Winchester that was built in 1904, I don't believe it had ever been cleaned. Steve cleaned it and di some slight crown cleanup. He also did one of his action jobs on a Rossi I have had for 30+ years. It was one of the first shipments imported. I have 001499 ( the one Steve repaired and did the action job on)  and 001500. I love my 92s !
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Man, that is nice. I think I will be sending my Ranch Hand to Steve when I get it back from Rossi (warranty repair crap) , I have a Skinner sight that will need mounted too. May as well have him do it right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9hFt4T1k0n4/VFgWSuF42aI/AAAAAAAAsdw/_I35Ttx77Ko/w1778-h1333-no/IMG_6997.JPG

Me too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top