Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/8/2001 10:18:01 AM EDT
Unfortunately, I bought some 5 rnd mags recently from a local place @ $16.95 each. I have just ordered some from classicarms.org for $9.95 each this morning. I bought the rifle for $40 from a local gunsmith/dealer and it shoots terrific, especially considering that all the other firearms and airguns I have have typically been at least twice the price or more.
I now belong to the "I paid more for my magazines than I did for my rifle" club.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:49:41 PM EDT
WSMAC,
Thanks for the heads up! Where did you purchase it? I have been looking for one about the price range. Got any pics?

Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:28:11 PM EDT
The rifle I got at a small shop in a nearby town. The 'smith wanted to get rid of it (always saying he needs the cash). It was the only one he had. I don't know where to get any more rifles though. I tried out the "high dollar" mags today and they were barely able to take 5 rounds. They wouldn't allow the first round to strip off correctly if loaded to 5, which sucked. I happened to look at the bottom and saw they were made in China! I'll be taking these back to the gunshop I bought them at (different than where I bought the rifle) and ask for my money back. Then I'll just order up some more of those $9.95 ers, IF they turn out to be true 5 round magazines. I'm also hitting the gunshow tomorrow, maybe I'll find some good deals there!
WSmac
Top Top