Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/16/2003 3:14:17 PM EDT
I remember seeing these things and remember they were admn good rifles. I was suposed to order one but then had a death in the family and was distracted for a few weeks. By the time i remembered southern ohio guns was sold out. Does anyone have a clue as to where i can locate one of these rifles so i can have it shipped to my ffl
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:36:20 PM EDT
Howdy,

If I remember correctly, the trainers were available for just around $100 at the Turner's Outdoorsman and also at Big 5 sporting goods in California and Arizona. At the time, a new in box CZ452 LUX was $189. The guy at turners had me look real careful at the import trainer's bore and general condition and for a bit more money, a brand new rifle quickly became a no-brainer. Look closely at how hard it might be to get scope mounts for the trainer. If I recall, the bolt opened straight up like the old Savage/Stevens.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:22:46 PM EDT
I got mine from Wholesale guns and ammo (they are somewhere in new york. I saw an ad in the shotgun news. Also Dunhams Has them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:30:36 AM EDT
I picked one up at Dunhams Sporting Goods in MI about a year ago. I got it when it was on sale for $39.99.

It was full of cosmoline which took forever to clean out. I ended up putting the bolt and trigger group in an ultra sonic cleaning tank at work to loosen some of it up.

The gun is real accurate, but mine has a problem with the fired case falling out from behind the extractor about half way out of the chamber. I tried "tightening" the extractor but it appears to be to worn for adjustment. I have tried to locate a replacement but no joy yet.

I like the gun, it shoots great but I am not to crazy about it being basically a single shot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:21:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By klutz347:

The gun is real accurate, but mine has a problem with the fired case falling out from behind the extractor about half way out of the chamber. I tried "tightening" the extractor but it appears to be to worn for adjustment. I have tried to locate a replacement but no joy yet.

I like the gun, it shoots great but I am not to crazy about it being basically a single shot.

I have the exact same problem. Parts seem to be non-existant.
Top Top