Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 10:25:20 PM EDT
One of the guys at work today was telling me about a local auction house that had quite a few guns going up tonight. One of the ones listed was a Remington rolling block carbine, but was listed as a .38 caliber. He did get a chance to check it out, although he couldn't handle it. From what he saw, it appeared to be around a 30 caliber ( from eyeballing it anyway ) and the breech looked as though it was for a rimless cartridge. That's what was throwing us off.....the only thing I could find while hunting on the net was that it might be an Argentine cavalry carbine....as they had some coverted to 7x57......but that's the closest I could come up with. Any of you guys have any ideas?
He was thinking of bidding on it tonight, I'll find out tomorrow if he got it or not. Hopefully he will have it....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Remington made a HUGE variety of Rolling Block firearms in the 19th Century.
In fact, the most common and widely used cartridge military rifle of that period was the Remington.

Remington did make a Model 1902 Rolling Block in 7X57mm Mauser for many countries, including Mexico.
This would be a rimless chambering.
Without seeing the rifle, I can't be sure about what caliber it actually is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably a 38-55.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top