Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 1:47:09 PM EDT
I'm curious, has anyone had any experience with these, what are your impressions. This is another "falls through the cracks" gun for us in the PRof Canada. I'm leaning toward a SIG.
could somebody pass the Prozac
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with the Sig. I'm not a fan of the RobArms M96's. I'm obsessed with the 550 series Swiss Arms rifles. They rule all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you guys can own SIG 550s up in Canada, I say get the SIG. The earlier Robinson M96s had problems (i.e. poorly designed trigger group....prone to breakage, carrier tail recall, new op-rod upgrades, etc.) It's best to avoid the earlier production runs. If you still want a M96, insist on the newer production guns with serial numbers starting with the prefix "RA". On the other hand, the M96 is one of the very few 5.56mm rifles/carbines whose receiver is made from stainless steel. When the gun is working right, it is a smooth functioning, accurate weapon.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since you guys can own SIG 550s up in Canada, I say get the SIG. The earlier Robinson M96s had problems (i.e. poorly designed trigger group....prone to breakage, carrier tail recall, new op-rod upgrades, etc.) It's best to avoid the earlier production runs. If you still want a M96, insist on the newer production guns with serial numbers starting with the prefix "RA". On the other hand, the M96 is one of the very few 5.56mm rifles/carbines whose receiver is made from stainless steel. When the gun is working right, it is a smooth functioning, accurate weapon.

Agreed.  the newer production, the better.  If you're in the mood to wait a bit, RA should soon be completing their latest bolt/cam pin mod that will totally solidify the system.  I have an M96 and it's a really great BUT it has taken a while for all of the necessary modifications to come on line.  Go to M96.org for more info.  There's tons info on the subject.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top