Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:14:28 PM EDT
Havent heard anything about it in a while, just curious if anyone has any info on availability, who regularly stocks them, and what price. Im looking to buy one to add to the toy collection, just dont know where to look besides the manufacturer and I know theres always better deals pricewise than going straight from the source. Any pics and videos for this gun besides the manufacturer's own stuff would be appreciated also...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:17:30 PM EDT
Tag. Variablebinary should be here any minute now...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:42:22 PM EDT
.......found one on gunbroker for the same price as robarms sells them for, thats all Ive found so far...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:35:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nf9648:
.......found one on gunbroker for the same price as robarms sells them for, thats all Ive found so far...

They're on the market???? even one????
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:43:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

Nah, just one of the same jokers that always "sells" stuff they don't have.

I'd be suprised to see them in quantity any time this year.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:48:31 PM EDT
I put my name on the list back on the 2nd of November 2004, have'nt heard a thing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:08:26 PM EDT
I think Ill shoot them an email, I think if we got 20 people to send emails a day we would get the wheels rolling a little faster.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:40:05 PM EDT

I think Ill shoot them an email, I think if we got 20 people to send emails a day we would get the wheels rolling a little faster.

I don't want them to rush things, I'm happy to wait.. I don't want the thing in my hands before it's ready.

What I'd LIKE to see is more communication, maybe as a blog or something.. keep us hanging with pics and vids, better stuff than the little bit on the web site.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:40:52 PM EDT

LOL, they have been advertising for these things in SGN for over a year now, with ads that read as though the Special Forces have adopted them already even though they aren't out on the civilian market yet. People talk about it like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but no one has even handled one yet. The only one I am even aware of that actually exists was the one submitted to the SCAR trials and that was disqualified for not meeting the specs (rumors vary as to the exact reason of disqualification).

Although I don't think they will be vaporware like the Shrike, I suspect the XCR will be another M96 in the making- slow to come out, expensive, and with some teething troubles.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:54:52 PM EDT
Id just go buy an FNC if I could find one , but this is the next best thing, Im stoked even though Ive never even seen it outside the video that robinson provides.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:59:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 10:01:05 PM EDT by TheFreepster]

Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Yeah, Tejasgunwerks, what a joke, I ordered a vepr k from him and he took forever. Kept making all kinds of excuses, said the one he had was broke and he had to order another from the factory. Bullshit, he never had it in the first place. What a joke, never order from that jerk.

I'm convinced it would have taken even longer if I didnt absolutely harass the shit out of him.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:38:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

LOL, they have been advertising for these things in SGN for over a year now, with ads that read as though the Special Forces have adopted them already even though they aren't out on the civilian market yet. People talk about it like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but no one has even handled one yet. The only one I am even aware of that actually exists was the one submitted to the SCAR trials and that was disqualified for not meeting the specs (rumors vary as to the exact reason of disqualification).

Although I don't think they will be vaporware like the Shrike, I suspect the XCR will be another M96 in the making- slow to come out, expensive, and with some teething troubles.

Acutally, I have handled one. It was an early, early model with several changes due....I must admit I liked it. Think of it as a cross between an AR15, an AR180 and an AK47....i would have liked to have shot it...but I think that would have spooked the crowd a bit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 4:56:32 PM EDT by MMcCall]
They haven't even updated the web site like they said they were going to.

It's the little things, Robarm
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:37:53 AM EDT

Id just go buy an FNC if I could find one , but this is the next best thing, Im stoked even though Ive never even seen it outside the video that robinson provides.

Try finding an FNC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:52:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

Try finding an FNC.

I have, its a lost cause...impact has a full auto for $8k, but Hawaii doesnt all full autos.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:57:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheFreepster:

Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Yeah, Tejasgunwerks, what a joke, I ordered a vepr k from him and he took forever. Kept making all kinds of excuses, said the one he had was broke and he had to order another from the factory. Bullshit, he never had it in the first place. What a joke, never order from that jerk.

I'm convinced it would have taken even longer if I didnt absolutely harass the shit out of him.

Good God! I ordered my VEPR II from him two years ago and I had to threaten him with an ATF audit and a visit from the Postal Inspector to get him to ship my rifle! What an ass!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 4:13:31 PM EDT by M4]

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

Try finding an FNC.

www.gunsamerica.com - Search (you guessed it) "FNC"

What was his name-o? Bingo!

For $2600, this baby can be all yours.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:52:05 PM EDT
Or you could just buy a Daewoo DR200 for $650 and save yourself all the trouble.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 6:33:30 PM EDT by M4]

Originally Posted By Thekatar:
Or you could just buy a Daewoo DR200 for $650 and save yourself all the trouble and never, ever find parts for it if you happen to need'em.

img360.imageshack.us/img360/6418/daewoo0km.jpg

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:05:33 AM EDT
But the Fn says "FN" on it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:54:40 AM EDT

More importantly, the FN is actually a rifle you can buy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:06:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4:

More importantly, the FN is actually a rifle you can buy.

Theres a Daewoo here locally, I wasnt much impressed though. More like an AR than anything, internally that is. The FCG is almost identical. Reminds me of a Honda with a body kit...
Top Top