Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 7:11:29 AM EDT
I've seen someone else mention it here some time ago that their No4 mk1's rifling ended about 1" before the  crown of the muzzle.  My latest pickup seems to be the same way.  The bore is in great shape as well as the rifling throughout the rest of the barrel length, it just seems to end all of a sudden 1"-1 1/4" away from the crown.  Why is this?  Is this normal or is this from wear?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like cord wear.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I've seen someone else mention it here some time ago that their No4 mk1's rifling ended about 1" before the  crown of the muzzle.  My latest pickup seems to be the same way.  The bore is in great shape as well as the rifling throughout the rest of the barrel length, it just seems to end all of a sudden 1"-1 1/4" away from the crown.  Why is this?  Is this normal or is this from wear?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top