Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:13:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Reloading for the S_T can be a bit finicky. We've done a few at Serbu but always warn people about the reloading dangers.
Just be careful.

Components can be had from Wideners Shooting Supply in Johnson City, Tenn.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#2]
a guy i know has a Serbu with 2 barrles, 1 in bmg and 1 in ST, i shot his with both, and i have a 22" bmg gun

beleve it or not, the ST in a short BBL gun has allmost the same recoil as as the BMG..

also www.ultralite50.com makes them in ST

you still cant fire sabots from a 50 with a muzzle brak on, and they are un accurate as hell in a 50 with a 1in15 twist.. most 30cal needs a 1-10

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I own and shoot both cartridges   The .50s/t has been loaded to .50bmg velocities in 18" barrels, but it IS NOT recommended as M48 brass was not made to handle the same pressures as real .50bmg cases.
I suppose if you wished to form your own heavy duty brass from .50bmg, then it may be a safer proposition.

Nevertheless,  the .50spotter is a fun plinker at ranges to 500yds.  Recoil with slow powders is minimal even with heavy bullets.  Short barreled versions like the Serbu Carbine and UltraLite50 conversion are easy to pack aournd and handy to use.  If you want a higher end version, EDM Arms has also made barrels for their Windrunner series.   UltraLite50's are also offered in mag-fed semi-automatic versions as the USA-50.

I don't believe there are any commercial manufacuturers of the spotter ammo, but right now components are available from gibrass.com and hi-techammo.com.   CH4D sells the reloading dies.  Loaded to normal presssures, the brass should last quite a while.

Here's a preliminary range report for my 18" UltraLite50:

UltraLite50

Fixed the bad link here too!   Thanks for fix below ar15inmn...  //Ben
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I own and shoot both cartridges   The .50s/t has been loaded to .50bmg velocities in 18" barrels, but it IS NOT recommended as M48 brass was not made to handle the same pressures as real .50bmg cases.
I suppose if you wished to form your own heavy duty brass from .50bmg, then it may be a safer proposition.

Nevertheless,  the .50spotter is a fun plinker at ranges to 500yds.  Recoil with slow powders is minimal even with heavy bullets.  Short barreled versions like the Serbu Carbine and UltraLite50 conversion are easy to pack aournd and handy to use.  If you want a higher end version, EDM Arms has also made barrels for their Windrunner series.   UltraLite50's are also offered in mag-fed semi-automatic versions as the USA-50.

I don't believe there are any commercial manufacuturers of the spotter ammo, but right now components are available from gibrass.com and hi-techammo.com.   CH4D sells the reloading dies.  Loaded to normal presssures, the brass should last quite a while.

Here's a preliminary range report for my 18" UltraLite50:

UltraLite50

www.daplane.com/50bmg/ul50st_003.jpg

Try this link
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top