Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2020 12:21:32 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

I’m trying to get my rifle setup for night vision and had a couple of questions.

1. I live in California and my rifles are featureless meaning no flashhiders only muzzle brakes/comps. I have a VG6 Gamma on my rifle and I’m wondering if that will cause a problem with a pvs-14.

2. I have a trijicon mro and bought a taller reptilia corp 1.93 mount. I’m thinking I should be able to use passive aiming but want to get a laser/illuminator also. My plan right now is to go with a holosun ls221 and a surefire m603v with the dual tape switch. I’ve read illuminators on all the civilian lams suck and the surefire will also give me a white light. Is that a good choice or could I do better for a similar price?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A brake will not do you any favors. You'll just have to try it out to see how bad it truly is. Normal A2 birdcage flash hiders, which still have some flash in the dark, are no problem with night vision. My guess is your VG6 (never having seen how much fire they may throw and with what frequency) will be annoying but not prohibitive, and shouldn't damage anything. It might accelerate tube degradation some marginal degree but not anything that would cause you to worry. Tubes last most people multiple decades if you're an average joe.

An MRO on a 1.93 will be a great solution. I use one on one of my rifles and love it almost as much as the EoTech which is the king for NV shooting.

For your LAM I would skip holosun/surefire combo and just go with a DBAL A3. Most vampire lights down range IR capability is about the same as the illuminator on A3's and likely the holosun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply. Apart from taking less rail space and possibly weighing less, what does the DBAL-A3 give over the laser light combo?
Based on my looking around the surefire, holosun combo is slightly cheaper and has the added benefit of having a white light.
I imagine once a white light is added the weight and rail space benefits of the dbal will go away.
Just trying to make sure I do my homework before dropping $1000 =)
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the reply. Apart from taking less rail space and possibly weighing less, what does the DBAL-A3 give over the laser light combo?
Based on my looking around the surefire, holosun combo is slightly cheaper and has the added benefit of having a white light.
I imagine once a white light is added the weight and rail space benefits of the dbal will go away.
Just trying to make sure I do my homework before dropping $1000 =)
View Quote

The surefire lights suck at both white and IR output.

Get dedicated white or IR lights.

I had an A3, the illuminator is trash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top