Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 7:18:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I live 8 miles from Charles Richards shop and have been going there for 20 years.

I hope you like woodworking. All of Charles Richards stocks are semi-finished. You'll still have to complete inleting to fit your action and do final sanding and finish. It's not a simple drop-in stock.

Do not let him sell you a pre-made stock off the rack as most have major defects in the wood. His new-made stocks take 30-45 days to delivery, but are top notch and finish beautifully.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Richards micro fit dual grip stock (thumb hole or over the top ) on my
1903A3 it's badass. I had him leave it a little heavy so I could lighten it if I wanted
to. I would buy another one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have the Richards micro fit dual grip stock (thumb hole or over the top ) on my
1903A3 it's badass. I had him leave it a little heavy so I could lighten it if I wanted
to. I would buy another one.

i have the same stock (laminate) with a varmit forearm on an 03
very comfortable to shoot,
would buy another !
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys. At this point it is either that or the Bell and Carlson model with the aluminum block in it.

My first sporter was a Swede that I put in a Richards. I love it, but it did take a bunch of work to fit and finish as mentioned before. If I had it to do again, I'd buy that Bell & Carlson. You won't regret it and everything will be damn near done excepting possibly fitting the barrel channel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top