Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/24/2002 3:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2002 5:09:39 PM EDT by anti-gov-tinfoil-man]

Is this Taurus 689 worth $175 bucks? Any issues with this model that I should look out for?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:20:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:23:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kevin:
Considering Taurus's warranty and the apparent beautiful condition of that gun I wouldn't be wasting anytime nabbing it at that price!

Good to hear, since I went to look at it, fired it, loved it, bought it, and came here to see if I could find out what the market value is. I like it a lot, except for a strange rattleing sound that it makes when you shake it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:10:58 AM EDT
I hope that rattling sound is when it's loaded...it will just be the bullets banging around the cylinder.

IF NOT, check to see if the cylinder is wiggling a bit.

IF NOT THAT...take that sucker apart post-haste and find out what is causing it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:02:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tailgate:
I hope that rattling sound is when it's loaded...it will just be the bullets banging around the cylinder.

IF NOT, check to see if the cylinder is wiggling a bit.

IF NOT THAT...take that sucker apart post-haste and find out what is causing it.

It is a small metal piece that rises up betwen the firing pin and the hammer when you pull the trigger. It moves around a little. From what I've been able to find on rec.guns this is normal. Can anyone here verify?

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:35:04 AM EDT
Good price, it is the transfer bar that is rattling, it is normal.
Top Top