Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:41:42 PM EDT
I keep referring to my Review of the CMP North Store thread in the Team Forum.

I have been asked more than once to post it public, and I wont.

I will share three pics from that thread, none of the review, or what I was told by the CMP Staff. To get the rest of the story, you are going to have to pony up and get a membership, Sorry.

I will also tell you there are quite a few really good threads in Team.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:12:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:

To get the rest of the story, you are going to have to pony up and get a membership, Sorry.

Or simply head our happy butts to a dedicated M1 forum like Jouster.com, where there are North Store reports on a regular basis, as well as the latest CMP scuttlebutt,(often by folks more knowledgable about Garands than most of us here will ever be) and even pictures. Yikers!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:24:53 AM EDT
+1
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:27:20 PM EDT
From May until the first of Nov. I was staying in a campground about 2 miles from the Camp Perry gate, I was working in the Toledo area, and was able to get over there at least twice a week, I managed to cull out a decent '03 MW of about 3/4 (TE is unkown as the CMP did'nt have a TE gage for a '03 at that time.) on the CMPs gage (orginial bbl) this summer during the matches, and as I left the area in Nov. I culled out a nice '03A3 MW1 TE2, I can honestly say "been there, done that" I also picked up a fair amount of ammo as well, The first pic Cavvet shows are what the store looks like, In the first pic, in the back up against the far wall to the left are the H&R service grades, to the right the SA service grades, On the left wall one can see the Kimber .22's for sale across from them are the racks of '03s, field grade M1's In front of them, another rack of '03's in front of them what looks like a rack of M1's I think the collector grades.... on the left out of the pic there is a long rack of rack grade M1's and a rack of correct grade M1's which are behind the ammo crates, behing the chain link fence, It is Mecca for the M1 collector....I feel lucky to have been able to go there so often..
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:56:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bishopm14:

To get the rest of the story, you are going to have to pony up and get a membership, Sorry.

Or simply head our happy butts to a dedicated M1 forum like Jouster.com, where there are North Store reports on a regular basis, as well as the latest CMP scuttlebutt,(often by folks more knowledgable about Garands than most of us here will ever be) and even pictures. Yikers!!!!

A BIG +1 about Jouster
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
I am gearing up to send $ for ARFCOM membership. I've heard it can take 2 or 3 weeks for you membership to become activated though
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:19:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

Originally Posted By bishopm14:

A BIG +1 about Jouster

While there be sure to mention about how you're having all your stocks restamped.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:26:31 PM EDT
I'm not big on paying for access to a website when all other similar sites are free.

So darn, looks like I'm going to miss out on your Team Forum post.

Besides, you would think that all of those adds at the top of the page would cover the cost of maintaining the site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:20:07 PM EDT
I agree ARFCOM has nothing close to the wealth of knowledge on Garands as Jouster. Period. I have gone there for a lot of stuff as I am in about Kindergarten Pre-School in Garand school.

That said, guys dont just come here for Garand stuff, there is a lot more to this site, if thats all one wanted was Garand stuff you would go to Jouster. There is everything from Firearms and non firearm to news related and human interest, as well as questions answered from people that do things you need help in. Hell 9/11 coverage was on here before it hit CNN. I read it here as I flipped from CNN to FNC waiting, as is common with breaking news. You think mainstream media covered the French riots? We had daily updates with pictures and numbers. And first hand Iraq stories and pictures.

Things have come up about CMP North store or buying a Garand where I refer to that thread, and have been asked in a thread, and in IM to post it public, I wont.

Myself, and others that pay, put a lot of their "good threads" behind the wall. I put this up to try and show that. To demonstrate a sample of what it is. There is much more behind the wall than just that, but even Garand stuff exists.

Join if you wish, dont if you dont care to. It was an invatation, nothing more, nothing less.

Top Top