Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/2/2010 6:27:21 PM EDT
Received my form 1 back after three months....Santamaria sent it with the usual 52 reasons I'm sending it back form...Just place an X where I f'ed up.......

1. Application not acceptable if front and back not on same sheet of paper........

2. Hand written on back:
   Exact name of trust must be on application..Remove individual name. May cross out and initial and send back....

WTF.....my trust is my name...Not holy shit trust.......

I can fix the app with the proper printing, but what he hell is she talking about....I've seen dozens of trusts on this site with the individuals name....

More BS from ATF...............

furn1408
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:32:23 PM EDT
Does the name of your trust include "revocable living trust" in the title?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:48:41 PM EDT
well did you actually include the word "Trust" in there? b/c mine is my "(Last Name ) HOLDINGS TRUST".  Whats it say on your Trust paperwork that you sent in, just your name?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:10:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:11:27 AM EDT
Tony K,

I filled out the application just that way......My Name, Trust.................

I guess I will call Ms Santamaria and ask here what she wants..........

furn1408
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:22:16 AM EDT
I am confused. Do you still fill out the "Name" section with your actual name and put the trust name in the "Trust" area of the form?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:47:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 4:53:43 AM EDT by tony_k]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:07:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 5:10:36 AM EDT by precision40]
If the name of your trust is written as "The John Quincy Doe Revocable Living Trust" then it must be written as such on your F1, no more no less.  Is the F1 available from GPO as a 2 part form?  It's not and they are correct in returning it.  I'm not trying to be a jerk saying this and please don't take it as such, but it looks like you are just being sloppy with your paperwork.  It's honestly not that hard to correctly fill out a F1.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 12:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 12:39:29 PM EDT by furn1408]
Spoke with Ms Santamaria....She instructed me the trust name must be : XXX XXXXX Revocable Living Trust. Fixed that and sent the forms back as instructed....
Now, back to the waiting game.....

And to reply to precision40....I spent alot of time on this site trying to get it right...valuable info from the members here, but I did not quite understand the trust issue and now I know and everyone
who reads this knows....

furn1408
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:08:57 AM EDT
You don't understand trusts or the trust application process yet you submitted one?

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:45:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tony_k:
Originally Posted By furn1408:
Received my form 1 back after three months....Santamaria sent it with the usual 52 reasons I'm sending it back form...Just place an X where I f'ed up.......

1. Application not acceptable if front and back not on same sheet of paper........

2. Hand written on back:
   Exact name of trust must be on application..Remove individual name. May cross out and initial and send back....

WTF.....my trust is my name...Not holy shit trust.......

I can fix the app with the proper printing, but what he hell is she talking about....I've seen dozens of trusts on this site with the individuals name....

More BS from ATF...............

furn1408

Well, at least they are consistent. They have been rejecting applications for the reasons they rejected yours since 1934. So you can keep trying to convince them to do something they have never done ... or you can just follow the rules.

There is nothing new here. This has been ATF policy for decades.

best answer

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Top Top