Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 11:18:18 AM EDT
Folks,

A couple friends and I are involved in making mods for Ghost Recon.  We recently came out with a mod called Sniper Armory, that specialized in precision weapons.

We are currently giving thought to making an Assault weapon only mod and I would appreciate your help.  Most mods out there use file copy or manufacturer website images that appear somewhat without character.  We want a little more detail provided by the real deal.

We are looking for detailed images of CQB capable weapons, to include shotguns and Sub Guns.

I know we have quite a diverse crowd here, to include Class 3.  What I need are clear digital images with a resolution of 800x600, high color or better.

One picture of each side of the rifle and one from the front, especially if there are optics involved.  Magazine inserted, lens caps up if applicable and slings and bipods removed.

We are also looking for digital recordings of the rifle being fired.  One shot only, with no background noise.  44KHz, 16bit stereo.  This is of secondary importance, but it would be nice for realism.

Thanks so much for your consideration and yes, please photoshop out all serial numbers. thanks in advance for all.

If interested, please post them to this thread or email them to me directly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out www.securityarms.com.  You'll find all the pictures you need there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check out www.securityarms.com.  You'll find all the pictures you need there.

Actually it's a good site but they won't allow you to take the images. If your resourceful you can get around it. There are other site out there with good images do some searches.

John
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the SGC, they have a nice collection they are selling and there are a ton of high res pics of all the cool  NFA weapons, including details of the internals etc. Here is a link of the machine gun page for a good start, click on the 'NFA' tab up top, then choose your NFA weapon type from the drop down menu. They have pics of all sides so it should be usefull. Those are some great looking subguns on that site, but I like the M16's. www.scottsdalegunclub.com/NFA/NFAMachinegunSales.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I really love Ghost Recon. If anybody has anygood mods please let me know also how do you get them to run in the game.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sixgun357,

after you place you new mod in the c:/programfiles/redstorm..../mods folder, open the game. At the main menu click on the options button.  Click on the mods tab.  In the left menu you should see the title of what you just installed in that mods folder.  Highlight it and click add or whatever it is to add it then click ok......  run your game.  This should do it.  If you need clarification or anything let me know.  I am doing this from a sleepy memory.  

I have found some good mods over here:
www.theplatoon.com/
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
All the pictures on the Scottsdale Gun Club site have something along the lines of a GNU copyleft. Just ask us for permission to reuse (see Ask Permission Page and we have no problem with distributing our content.

Also check out the Machinegun Adventures pages - they also have pictures of the guns in the studio as well as out in the field.

There are also a couple of videos of subgun and M240 / M249 being fired in .AVI format in the galleries. The original pictures of those on the site are in higher resolution than on the site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top