Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 2:54:31 AM EDT
Over the past year I have been trying to import an Aimpoint replica M2 with consist quality and performance. I have purchased multiple Aimpoint replica M2's from different distributors, manufacturers, and drop ship outlets. I have found that the quality will very with each order. Some will be very nice and consistent others a complete wash. As anyone knows who has tried to purchase a replica over E-bay, they all look the same. Some of you have great reviews and some have hateful distrust over the purchase they made. Well for the real news on this issue. First and foremost, the Pacific rim area, (china, Japan, Korea, etc) is an area that has a long time reputation for the ability to mimic commercial items and sometimes even build a better mousetrap. The main problem with the Aimpoint replica is that there are Four (4) companies in China that build the same unit. One (1) known company in Korean and several (possibility) in Hong Kong that also build the replica. Hong Kong location could be just a distribution center but some of my contacts states that the item is MADE in Hong Kong. Some of the companies build these for use on air rifles and were not designed for use on an actual firearm. Companies like G&P and Knights Arms are two who build (or resell) only for the air rifle and they state that there products should not be mounted on an actual firearm. The problem is that the seller on E-bay that sells the item will not necessary pass this information on. When talking to the Korean company the commercial product will sell $125 USD less that the one built for the military / law enforcement. I have found an optics company that I plan on using to stock the Aimpoint replica, green lasers, scopes, and mounts. They produce products for actual firearms. They supply a two year warranty on the products they sell. I'm currently waiting for the samples to come in for review. When purchasing these items on E-bay ALWAYS ask two questions First, Can this item be used on an actual firearm. Second, does the product have a warranty? I do use the Replica and green laser on my weapons. Once you find a product that was produced for an actual firearm, you will question why you should pay $400 for a 1x red dot sight. Currently all of the sights I'm testing function very well and flawlessly. Pricing ranges from $65 to $85 dollars. Hope this helped the decision process when purchasing an Aimpoint Replica M2 sight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Once you start this please post your ebay seller name, or at least Email it to me
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
snort
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
you're gonna get creamed!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't sell on E-bay but will list on AR15.com. Currently selling some items at gun shows but waiting to get direct manufacturer with warranty. Will be selling 10mw Green lasers, Aimpoint replica M2, 6-24x50 tactical scopes with/without illumination, and quick attach mounts. All items come from the same manufacturer. Don't want to sell to AR15 people without backing of warranty on products by manufacturer. Looks like supplies will be available prior or just after Christmas.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't sell on E-bay but will list on AR15.com. Currently selling some items at gun shows but waiting to get direct manufacturer with warranty. Will be selling 10mw Green lasers, Aimpoint replica M2, 6-24x50 tactical scopes with/without illumination, and quick attach mounts. All items come from the same manufacturer. Don't want to sell to AR15 people without backing of warranty on products by manufacturer. Looks like supplies will be available prior or just after Christmas.

Good stuff is not cheap for a reason.  Go sell your snake oil at flea markets.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I will order one right now if you have any in stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
.....edited: I thought you were posing a question.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
give me a unit and i'll write a review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top