Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 8:51:00 AM EDT
The five shot tube has really been holding me back in 3 gun matches (not that I'm all that great with the rifle or pistol). I'd like to get a Saiga, but until I can afford to buy one, maybe a longer barrel and magazine might be in order. Could I install a 590 barrel and magazine on my 500A? Is there another combination that would afford me higher capacity that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
590 barrels are threaded (i thinkwell either way they attach different)

you could get a 18.5" 500 barrel that will screw right in they are like $85 direct from mossy i've seen them as low as 75 elseware

my 500 and 590

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The five shot tube has really been holding me back in 3 gun matches (not that I'm all that great with the rifle or pistol). I'd like to get a Saiga, but until I can afford to buy one, maybe a longer barrel and magazine might be in order. Could I install a 590 barrel and magazine on my 500A? Is there another combination that would afford me higher capacity that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm pretty sure Brownells sells a barrel/shot tube combo for the Mossy 500 with a longer shot tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Brownells sells a barrel/shot tube combo for the Mossy 500 with a longer shot tube.

oh yeah i've seen those around too
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes you can.  The recievers on the 500 and 590 are the same.  
You can get a 590 magazine tube and barrel assembly and put it on a 500.  The 20" barrel with an 8 round magazine tube would let you get a total of 9 rounds.  If you add a Vang extension you could get 10 rounds int he shotgun.
You can also get the Brownell's 500 8 round barrel and mag tube assembly.
The magazine tube assemblies screw into the receiver, they are not brazed on.  It isn't a hard process.

Quoted:
590 barrels are threaded (i thinkwell either way they attach different)

No they are not.
Some of the 500 barrels have the same mag tube arrangement as the 590.  
you could get a 18.5" 500 barrel that will screw right in they are like $85 direct from mossy i've seen them as low as 75 elseware

I believe he already has the 18.5" barrel on the 500, which is why he has the 5 round mag tube.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top