Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 11:43:49 PM EDT
I heard a rumor that someone makes a sling swivel stud you can put in place of the rear trigger plate pin on a Remington 870. Does anyone know where I can find it if it truely exists?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That must have been a totally bogus rumor, because I have never seen the AR15 collective stumped beforeh
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyway, if anyone comes up with anything, or even a good alternative to it (I want to have the rear sling mount on Remington 870 be closer to where the butt stock meets the trigger assembly) I am all ears. Thanks!

One custom firearm manufacturer places the rear sling swivel on the grip's heel. I've tried to locate their website, but my efforts have been fruitless. I'm fairly certain that the company name begins with a "V" or "Y."

ETA: Yost-Bonitz Custom 870
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that replaces the front trigger pin. Don’t know who made it, came on a PD trade in I bought a few years ago.

Gastube

Link Posted: 6/13/2005 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information guys!! I appreciate it
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Daniel Defense makes a little plate that goes between the receiver and the stock.  Is that what you're talking about?  It's go no swivel help, but it does work with the tactical slings.

I got one at Wilson Combat link

R.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
We just introduced a few products that might meet your requirements:

Receiver Mount Sling Loop

Receiver Mount Push-button Sling Swivel Mount

Receiver Mount Sling Loops provide a way to securely attach a tactical sling directly to the shotgun receiver. The Remington 870’s rear trigger group pin is replaced by a stainless steel standoff with female threads, into which the steel sling loop retainer can be tightly screwed. The sling loop is free to rotate about the retainer. A rubber gasket keeps the sling loop from marring the receiver finish.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks like a very interesting item.  Just make sure that if you are replacing the trigger pins with screws for a side-saddle, a sling swives, or whatever, that you do not tighten them down very much.  If you begin to squeeze the sides of the receiver together you can bind up the action and damage the gun.  I use a side-saddle and instead of tightening the screws, I just snug them and use blue loctite.  It hasn't come off yet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That looks like a very interesting item.  Just make sure that if you are replacing the trigger pins with screws for a side-saddle, a sling swives, or whatever, that you do not tighten them down very much.  If you begin to squeeze the sides of the receiver together you can bind up the action and damage the gun.  I use a side-saddle and instead of tightening the screws, I just snug them and use blue loctite.  It hasn't come off yet.

Good advice, but this is less of an issue with our system.  We don't replace the trigger pins with bolts as Tacstar does with their Side Saddle, but instead use stainless steel standoffs that are threaded on the inside.  Once these are installed, you just bolt stuff up to the receiver.

Because you are tightening against the standoff, not the receiver, you have less of a chance of squeezing the action than if it was a simple nut and bolt arrangement.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that's some heads-up thinking!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top