Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:03:06 AM EDT by riese]
OK, I think I'm having a brain fart, I am changing the stock on the 870 and cant seem to remove it. Help would be greatly appreciated! I'm putting on a youth stock.

Riese
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:52:15 PM EDT
Remove the butt pad by sticking a philips screwdriver into the 2 holes on the back of the butt, be careful, the screws are easy to strip

Once you remove the butt pad, the stock is held on by a big ol' flat head bolt. You'll need a fairly long flat head screwdriver, and you'll be set.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
her are some step by steps.

1. use a philips screwdriver to remmove the two screws that hold the recoil pad to the stock.
2. then use a flat head to unscrew the really long screw that holds the stock to the reciver.
3. pull every thing appart. you have the long screw, a washer and the stock. plus the recoil pad and the two screws tha theld it on.
4. then put the youth stock on the same way you took the full sized one off. im going to guess that the youth stock has a shorter longscrew with it. i dont know for sure, but if it dose then obviously use that one.( i think its official name is "stock screw" and not "long screw").

i think that is every thing you need to know. if i missed anything then im sure you wont have to wait to long for someone to fix my mistake. hope this helps and good luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:15:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shadow870:
her are some step by steps.

1. use a philips screwdriver to remmove the two screws that hold the recoil pad to the stock.
2. then use a flat head to unscrew the really long screw that holds the stock to the reciver.
3. pull every thing appart. you have the long screw, a washer and the stock. plus the recoil pad and the two screws tha theld it on.
4. then put the youth stock on the same way you took the full sized one off. im going to guess that the youth stock has a shorter longscrew with it. i dont know for sure, but if it dose then obviously use that one.( i think its official name is "stock screw" and not "long screw").

i think that is every thing you need to know. if i missed anything then im sure you wont have to wait to long for someone to fix my mistake. hope this helps and good luck.

Put a little dish soap or gun oil on the screwdriver shaft to prevent damaging the recoil pad.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:04:46 AM EDT
Thanks guys. Much appreciated!
Top Top