Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
Are the remington model 11 & browning a-5 stocks and forearms interchangeable? I found a good deal on a mod. 11 I would like to refinish but the forearm has a nice big crack(seems to be common with these from what I've seen for sale)I just re-did a mod.11 20ga. & it turned out so good I want to do another.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the stocks ads in Shotgun News & see how they're listed?????????

Or maybe call a stock dealer & ask them???????

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure about the stocks but I know the forearms will work with slight modification.  The Remington uses two pins to index the forearm to the receiver, Browning does not.  Insert pins in action, slide browning forearm back until it makes contact with pins.  Mark pin locations, drill (very carefully) the holes, and install.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The pins wont be any problem,the problem is that the model 11 uses a flat recoil spring,and the A5 uses a round recoil spring!   I quess you could take some wood out of the grips!

The stocks should interchange.

bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top