Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
Anyone ever use Remington small rifle primer brass for NRA match shooting.  When I was heavy into service rifle shooting (shooting for the National Guard), I was told by a bench rest shooter about the small rifle primer brass.

I picked up 500 pieces of brase, (new) using SR match primers, I stuffed in sierra 168 hpbt for 2-300 yards and 180 hpbt's for 600 and 1000 yards.  I believe it was ahead of 42 grains of IMR 4895 on both bullets.

That stuff shot like a house on fire.  Best load I ever came up with on my M1A heavy stock and new heavy Barnett match barrel.

The problem was, I couldn't reload the once fired brass.   The I couldnt get the necks to resize down to hold the new bullet.  I even tried using a neck only sizer and a carbide small base 308 die.

I have a dozen sizing dies in 308, including the RCBS bench rest dies and can't get them to work.

Anyone else run across this problem

KraigWY

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top