Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 10:38:07 AM EST
Alright:

After 20 years or so I pulled my mohawk 10C out of the safe just to check it for rust, that sorta thing. Well, I look in the action and its in great shape, but has 20 year old powder residue in it and I get the urge to clean it out. Problem is I can't remember how the thing breaks down. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever broken it down for cleaning. It never misfired so I never cleaned it other than a brush through the barrel on occaision and a quick shot of aerosol CLP. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:28:30 AM EST
The whole "receiver cover" will come off towards the top after the screws are removed. It's been a while since I had to clean one, but it shouldn't be too dificult.

McBalming
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:30:25 AM EST
Thats what I thought, but it seems to be getting caught up on the bolt and I didn't want to force anything for risk of breaking irreplaceable parts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:53:56 AM EST
Had one apart about 2 months ago. If I remember right, the bolt handle pops out with a little pressure when pulling away from gun. The one I cleaned for a friend hadn't been cleaned since new the way it looked.

Byron
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:39:05 PM EST
Got it. Managed to get the bolt handle out, top cover off. Sprayed out with CLP and wiped what I could reach. Didin't want to take it down any further as theres lotsa small parts. Actually looked pretty good inside for a rifle thats seen no attention in 20 years. no rust or corrosion of any kind. Man that 70s era .22 was dirty, I get less grit from 3 bricks of thunderbolt.
Top Top