Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 11:39:46 AM EDT
Im in the process of cleaning some guns for a family friend. Right now Im working on a 20ga Rem Model 11 and I've gotten everything apart except I cant get the bolt out of the reciever. From the videos I've watched and things I've read a pin in the bolt is meant to punched out of a notch cut in the bottom of the ejection port via a hole on the opposite on the other side of the reciever. But for whatever reason my gun doesn't have that notch cut out and there's no way that pin is coming out. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
All three of mine have the cutout so I am no help. The pin cannot be pushed out the other direction through the screw hole in the receiver?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All three of mine have the cutout so I am no help. The pin cannot be pushed out the other direction through the screw hole in the receiver?
View Quote

I've read where other people have done just that but there is literally no way to even get a punch of anytime on that side of the pin. The head of the pin is actually sitting fully below the the ejection port.

On another note, Im now taking apart an A5 that does have the cut but I am still having a hard getting the pin out. How much force should it take to get it out? The last thing I wanna do is damage someone elses gun... maybe Im just retarded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Some take a little persuasion with a small hammer some just push out with pressure from a punch.

The only thing I have had similar to your problem is taking the pin out of an early a5 with an updated bolt. They had drilled the new hole in the front but had not put the slot in the ejection port. Took a really thin punch to push it out the side and then I used a file to create the slot.  I have not messed with any of the 20 gauge model 11's but all the 12's even mine from 1906 have had the slot in the ejection port. Can you post any pictures?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some take a little persuasion with a small hammer some just push out with pressure from a punch.

The only thing I have had similar to your problem is taking the pin out of an early a5 with an updated bolt. They had drilled the new hole in the front but had not put the slot in the ejection port. Took a really thin punch to push it out the side and then I used a file to create the slot.  I have not messed with any of the 20 gauge model 11's but all the 12's even mine from 1906 have had the slot in the ejection port. Can you post any pictures?
View Quote

I eventually admitted defeat as it was not my gun and didn't want to damage anything. A can of gun scrubber and an air compressor did a pretty good job of cleaning it as it was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top