Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 10:45:52 PM EDT
Just wondering what everybody thinks about this rifle.  I have one and think it is pretty nice for the price.  I can do 1 1/2" at 100yds with most all the ammo and a little better with stuff that it likes if I am lucky and have a good day.  I have read other sites and most people don't seem to think to much of the rifle and I was just wondering why.  I was thinking about making this my long range SHTF weapon if needed.  I would prefer not to have to use one for that but you never know when the bad guy has you out ranged.  Any comments?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Most negative comments I've seen about it are made coming from a Remington 700 reference frame.  Compared to a 700, the 710 is a cheap action with a lot of plastic in it.  There is some concern that too many corners were cut and that the action won't hold up over time.  I think Remington came out with it to have a product to compete against Savage on the lower end of the price scale.

It'll probably do fine for what you intend to use it for.  It may not be the best possible rifle for the job, but I, for one, will not volunteer to stand in front of it and be shot at.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
...you can get a 700 adl ..probably for less $$$......check wally-mart...ask for close out rifles.....a more reliable rifle.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Besides the blue/grey stock on those is the uglyest damn stock I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top