Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:43:38 PM EST
I installed Trijicon front and rear tritium 3-dot sights on a factory 20" barrel. The barrel is threaded for a choke tube and I'm running a cylinder bore choke.

I never shot the barrel before installing the new sights. The rear rifle sight is at it's lowest possible setting on the ramp. If I try to lower it any more it will loose support and clamping force.

Does Trijicon make different height front sight posts for Remington 870's? I need one at least 1/8" to 1/4" taller.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:08:48 PM EST
You aren't using saboted slugs are you?

Pics of setup?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:41:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 8:43:05 PM EST by tsg68]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Justin3:
You aren't using saboted slugs are you?

Pics of setup?
View Quote

I'd second this question and add, who made the choke? Try an IC choke by a reputable maker. Might try different slugs too....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:13:41 PM EST
I'm using Remington 2 3/4" standard slugs with Remington's factory choke tubes. My 28" vent rib "modified" choke barrel (no choke tubes) shoots dead on.

I can't post a picture, but the sights are your typical front post and sliding ramp mounted rear, both of them attached directly to the barrel.

I checked Trijicon's website and they only sell one set for the M870.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:26:08 PM EST
Does the shotgun have an extended magazine tube with that bridging clip between the tube and the barrel where one can attach a sling swivel? If you over/under tighten that clip, it bends the barrel ever so slightly and changes the POI when shooting slugs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:29:25 PM EST
I'm using a one shot magazine extension and no clamp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:39:56 PM EST
I don't know about Trijicon , the great guys at XS swap front posts for you in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:47:37 AM EST
Sounding like maybe the sights are designed for a vent rib barrel, with the added height of the rib to elevate the front sight, and that maybe the barrel you have them on is non ribbed.

Top Top