Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 6:46:52 AM EDT
What is the difference between the Rem 760 versus the Rem 7600?

What changes did they make?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Stopped at the newstand and notice that on the cover of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement that they are reviewing it this month. I also read a review a few issues ago. Might want to check them out and see if they have what you want.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No. I got one of the two.

I just want to know the difference.

CRC
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is the difference between the Rem 760 versus the Rem 7600?

What changes did they make?

Thanks

CRC

I think there are some changes on the bolt design, I know Rem made some minor changes to the end of the mag tube...different sling swivels.

Asking the question at Rem's website might not be a bad idea.

I have 2 760's, one in .257 Roberts, the other is a .270.  Both are more accurate than I am.  They're light, jam-free, and fast.  Mags are cheap.  Definitely great rifles.

Used ones, especially in .308 or .30-06, are relatively cheap & available...I'd look for another one in the spring after deer season.

-hanko
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Not always, but anytime they improve a firearm it usually means in Corporate language cheaper for us to make. Not always but most the time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

I will try Remington's site.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top