Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 3:51:22 AM EDT
The local gun store has a Remington 7400 marked down but being left-handed I am hesitant to buy it.  Can it be shot left-handed?  I hate to buy a gun that I can’t shoot.  Is the 7400 well liked and reliable?

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I'm not familiar w/ the 7400, but I just had to ask, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DRINKING IN YOUR COFFEE?

"Can it be shot left-handed?"

Hummm... left handed gun .....mmmmmmm, YES!

Sorry for the pun at your expenses, just couldn't pass it up,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Wilson, based solely on this post, I have determined you to be a pinhead! Not for not knowing what the firearm in question is, but for blatantly busting on someone when you have no idea what you're talking about! h

For your benefit, the Remington 7400 referred to here, is not left handed. It is an autoloading rifle w/the ejection port on the righthand side of the receiver (much like most AR's) can be fired safely by a lefthanded shooter, though some folks dislike the potential for being hit by brass on your right cheek. (No worse than an AR w/ no deflector) The accuracy is decent for the majority of hunter's accuracy needs. They seem to be liked by those individuals who own them. They aren't glamorous, but have proven to be a generally reliable hunting rifle. Depending on the price, there might be other firearms to consider, but if you like the looks and price, go for it. Good luck.  

squib out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Well excuuussse me SQUIB, it looked to me like the Rem in question was made in a left handed version and that he was asking if a left hander could use it. Remington 7400 left-handed was the header.

My mistake, but in my defense there are many manufacturers who make left-handed versions of their rifles/shotguns.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top