Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 6:30:37 AM EDT
I bought a ca. 1963 Remington Model 552 .22 at a flea market for $160, it's in very good condition and it's clean.

Brought it home and cycled a few shorts, longs and long rifles, no problems except for ammo. CB's wont cycle but they aren't supposed to unfortunately.

I went to the range to add a scope and immediately started to get FTE with LR's and one jammed up good enough to stop the rifle for the day. I removed the jammed up round and the scope and all was GTG.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Semi related question.. what other rifles will interchangably shoot Shorts and LR's without any adjustments? The 552 seems to be the only one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure your scope mount screws aren't protruding into the reciever and slowing the bolt up.

I've got my dad's old Rem. 550-1.  It will also cycle s,l,lr interchangeably.

Tim
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 552 BDL speedmaster from 1985 and it probably has 20000 rounds through it it has a lot of FTE problems I need to get a chamber reamer for it and ream the chamber and replace the extractor and ejector I love the gun though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top