Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 8:55:14 AM EDT
IMHO, they feel right, shoot right, point right etc. I know that Beretta, Benelli is the rage these days, but I still love the 1100. It's been around a long time for a good reason.

The Remington 11/Browning Auto5 humpbacks aren't popular anymore, but in their day they were the rage. Except for the humpback design that is uncommon these days, it too is still used and loved.

I'm not sure you have to have the latest greatest to say that you own a fine firearm.

Any comments?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I loved my 11-87, which is practically the same design but with the longer chamber.

I traded it off after I got my Beretta O/U's but I am thinking of getting another one.

Great firearms....I don't need to fastest cycling semi to hunt turkey, deer, or shoot clays.

I can see where it might help in dove hunting though.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the 1100 is a great crossover gun fro 870 shooters.  I have an 1100 12 gauge that I love.  It was 1 of a run of 50 made at the Remington Custom shop.  Remember in the early 90's when the 1100 special field came out with a 23" barrel and English stock.

A gun shop owner I know wanted one, but with the standard Remington Monte Carlo stock. Remington said OK, but you have to order 50 of them from the custom shop to get it.  They sold fast.  It is a great wingshooting gun and fun to carry all day due to shorter length. It sort of took the place as my primary field gun.  I don't mind the short barrel on long shots, it is just not as accurate.  If am taking longer shots I tend to use an O/U or an 870.  This gun is killer on Doves due to short barrel length.

I like the 1100 because it fits, feels and points like the 870 to me, which fits me great.  I am surprised Mossberg does not make a semi-auto that is similar in dimension to it's pumps.  It woud sell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I LOVE mine.
I hear guys complain about reliability problems, but I've never had any.
I keep it clean and keep spare gas rings handy.

I left the 870 home last year and took a deer with My 1100 last season.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two, a .12 and a LT .20 - the .20 is my favorite. Points right, nice and light and I'm thinking of slug barreling for deer this year.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2, 1100 CM, and a LT. 20. Both have been reliable with good quality ammo, and it's great for new shooters.  I've shot some O/U recently with heavy loads, and really missed my 1100!
I don't get to shoot as often as I would like, but I when I do, I shoot a few hundred shells in a few hours. No problem handling the recoil, and no reliablility issues with good ammo. I thought I would buy an O/U, but now I don't see the need.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top