Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 7:42:08 PM EDT
I just bought a Rem 870 Express Turkey model shotgun how does this differ from the Police model ? I realize the barrel is different, other then that what is different ? Is the wooden Police model's buttstock any shorter than the Express's ?

BTW- I'm looking for a Rem 870 Express Youth Model Buttstock becuase it's an inch shorter than the original buttstock. Does anyone have a take off buttstock from a youth model that they want to sell ?

Thanks,
Jim  

email: [email protected]

Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Structurally the two receivers are identical. The only difference will be that the Police model will have a more durable finish. The magazine tubes will be slightly different. The Model 870 Express HD will have two indents in the magazine tube to accommodate the new style plastic magazine spring retainer. However, this prevents the HD model from accepting a magazine tube extension without alteration to the tube.

Other differences will be that the Police model includes a blaze orange follower, sling swivel studs, a shorter fore-end, heavier shell latches, a heavier sear spring and a heavier magazine spring.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 3:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
JMR...get a brownell`s catalog......brownell`s .com
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
On my 870 Express, the magazine follower is also blaze orange. I guess Remington is standardizing on parts.

Is the wooden 870 Police stock any shorter then the 870 Express stock ? I need a shorter stock for my wife and son. I would have gotten the youth model originally but it isn't available in 12 gauge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top