Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:05:56 AM EST
I am just starting to reload .50 BMG. I have loaded other cal's for many years. It appears that the primer pockets are crimped as in other Mil ammo. I have tools to remove the crimp by swagging in large and small primer pockets, but can't find any thing for .50 BMG. Any recomendations. Thanks.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:47:30 AM EST
Check out this site for all the .50 BMG reloading tips that you'll ever need. WR's 50 Site
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:31:10 PM EST
Thanks its a great site.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:17:03 PM EST
How much brass do you need to do?? If it is a one time deal I may send you mine maybe we can figure out a deposit type thing. Are you a thief????????? Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! Mine is a CH tool and die. Good Product.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:34:11 AM EST
With the military brass (unfired pull-down), I just ream the crimp lip with a standard deburring tool. I have shot these over and over without any issue --- there is so much bearing surface in there to hold the primer that a little bit missing from the top doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:39:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By ScottyS:
With the military brass (unfired pull-down), I just ream the crimp lip with a standard deburring tool. I have shot these over and over without any issue --- there is so much bearing surface in there to hold the primer that a little bit missing from the top doesn't matter.

I do the same with a 50bmg reaming tool. Haven't blown myself up yet so I assume its all good.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:09:42 PM EST
Same here, just hit it enough to remove the crimps. You can use the same reamer to do the mouths of the cases.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:56:33 AM EST
Yeah, I have the C-H tools, but the deburring method is faster and actually more positive.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top